Date: Guest Services Guest Services Coordinator Part-time, Non-exempt August 16, 2021
Under the general supervision of the Guest Services Coordinator, the Cashier will perform a wide variety of duties related to retail and show operations. Work varies; interpretive judgment is required within generally prescribed standards and procedures.
•Customer service relations
•Work directly with customers by greeting and answering or directing questions
•Prepare and maintain cash drawer for selling tickets and gift shop merchandise
•Cash handling including daily cash in and cash out procedures
•Coffee and food preparation including cleaning of equipment and area
•Stocking and cleaning of gift shop displays
•Clean, maintain and explain audio guides
•Help prepare customers for their tours
•Assist in maintaining a clean entry, lobby, show and gift shop
•Work in cooperation with Archway employees and volunteers
•Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
•Exhibit enthusiastic, positive attitude. (Daily)
•Maintain and exhibit discretion at all times when handling confidential information. (Daily)
•Regular timely/punctual attendance. (Daily)
•Properly account for inventory, materials, supplies and funds. (Daily)
•Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, officials and thepublic (Daily)
•Maintain and safely operate equipment. (Daily)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work Type: Light, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Climbing/Balancing: Minimal, ability to walk and stand
• Walking: Frequent amount required.
• Stooping/Bending: Minimal
• Stand/Sit: Stand about 70 percent of the time
• Reaching: Minimal
• Vision: Adequate to perform essential functions
• Color Vision: Adequate to perform essential functions
• Hearing: Frequently perceive nature of sound by ear
• Speech: Frequently express ideas by means of spoken words
• Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Minimal
• Manual Dexterity: Minimal
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Inside/Outside: Work inside
• Cold/Heat: Controlled
• Wet/Dry: Controlled
• Noise/Vibrations: Moderate noise
• Hazards: Controlled
• Fumes/Dust/Odors: Minimal exposure
• Infectious Diseases: Low exposure
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to read and comprehend written material.
• Ability to comprehend and apply computer software principles.
• Ability to listen to and apply information and instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to organize information and prepare written reports.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND WORK AIDS USED
Computer, calculator, 2-way radio, and phone.
The above position description is intended to describe the duties of an employee in general terms and does not necessarily describe all of his/her duties.